What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. When your Honda Odyssey or Accord warning lights go off, they’re telling you something important — and you need to pay attention. It’s why we’re here to break down your Honda warning lights meanings. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Jackson commute at the Bob Boyte HondaService Center.
Learn the Honda Dashboard Lights Meanings
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s regular maintenance or diagnosing your Honda dashboard lights’ meanings, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Bob Boyte Honda. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Brandon. With our service specials, you can save on maintenance needs.
More From Our Service Department
View Inventory The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. When your Honda Odyssey or Accord warning lights go off, they’re telling you something important — and you need to pay attention. It’s why we’re here to break down your Honda warning lights meanings. Understand what these handy…
Schedule Service No one likes it, but it happens to almost everyone: you’re stranded with a car that won’t turn on. The battery is dead. Use this guide to figure out how to jump start your car. You will need: Jumper cables Another vehicle Patience A little know-how Figure out how to jump start your…
Schedule Service After you drive off the Bob Boyte Honda lot in a new Honda, it’s in your best interest to bring your vehicle in to our service center at regular intervals. Be sure to keep tabs on important maintenance services from regular oil changes and tire alignments to more extensive services like transmission and battery checks….