Honda Sensing® Suite: Features and Technology
If you’re familiar with Honda, chances are you know safety is a hallmark. Honda Sensing® is one of the brand’s most impressive safety achievements—next to its vehicles’ many accolades. This Honda safety bundle includes a variety of intelligent and proactive driver assists, designed to act as your second pair of eyes and ears. Look below to see what the suite entails, then visit Bob Boyte Honda in Brandon for a new Civic, CR-V, or Accord with the latest technology!
Honda Sensing® is found as standard equipment on the higher-tier trims of new Honda vehicles. For example, if you choose the CR-V, you’ll get Honda Sensing® on the EX, EX-L, and Touring. This suite takes Honda safety to a new level with the following driver-assistive technologies:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): LDW uses a camera to recognize lane markings; if you begin to drift to another lane unintentionally, it’ll warn you with visual and audible alerts.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): At speeds of over 45 mph, LKAS keeps your vehicle centered by applying steering torque to push it back to the middle of the lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): If you begin to leave your lane or the road without a turning signal, RDM can apply steering torque to return your vehicle to its previous position.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): In addition to adhering to your preset speed, ACC also lets you choose a distance interval, which it maintains by automatically braking and accelerating your vehicle.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): CMBS uses a millimeter-wave radar sensor to detect slowing or stopped vehicles straight ahead, and in some situations, can brake autonomously on your behalf.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Working in accordance with CMBS, FCW uses a forward-facing camera to detect straight-ahead vehicles. If you don’t react in time, CMBS triggers automatic braking.
Explore Honda Sensing® in Person!
Contact Bob Boyte Honda to learn more about Honda Sensing® and how it can improve your confidence on the road. And if you have questions about the safety of vehicles with other Honda safety features, like Honda LaneWatch™, we can answer those, too! Our team proudly serves drivers from in and around Brandon, so stop in and see us today!
New Honda Lease Specials in Brandon
We are currently updating our monthly offers. Please check back shortly for updates.
In the meantime, here are some links that you might find helpful:
Recent News from Bob Boyte Honda
When it comes to finding the right SUV, aside from performance and safety, you want a model that matches your style and can keep you looking your best no matter where the road takes you. With the 2020 Honda CR-V color options, you’ll have plenty of exterior and interior choices along with plenty of additional…
When you get behind the wheel of a Honda van you want to ensure that you not only have all of the performance specs and cabin space for a smooth, comfortable ride, you also want plenty of safety features to have your back. That’s why the 2020 Honda Odyssey safety ratings display this model’s unique…
Whether hauling furniture around Madison or carpooling to school in Ridgeland, a great SUV has all the space you need to easily accomplish any task of the day. And if you want a vehicle with serious versatility, then the 2020 Honda CR-V dimensions will blow you away. Not only do the CR-V interior dimensions offer…