Honda Sensing® Suite: Features and Technology
If you’re familiar with Honda, chances are you know safety is a hallmark. Honda Sensing® is one of the brand’s most impressive safety achievements—next to its vehicles’ many accolades. This Honda safety bundle includes a variety of intelligent and proactive driver assists, designed to act as your second pair of eyes and ears. Look below to see what the suite entails, then visit Bob Boyte Honda in Brandon for a new Civic, CR-V, or Accord with the latest technology!
Honda Sensing® is found as standard equipment on the higher-tier trims of new Honda vehicles. For example, if you choose the CR-V, you’ll get Honda Sensing® on the EX, EX-L, and Touring. This suite takes Honda safety to a new level with the following driver-assistive technologies:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): LDW uses a camera to recognize lane markings; if you begin to drift to another lane unintentionally, it’ll warn you with visual and audible alerts.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): At speeds of over 45 mph, LKAS keeps your vehicle centered by applying steering torque to push it back to the middle of the lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): If you begin to leave your lane or the road without a turning signal, RDM can apply steering torque to return your vehicle to its previous position.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): In addition to adhering to your preset speed, ACC also lets you choose a distance interval, which it maintains by automatically braking and accelerating your vehicle.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): CMBS uses a millimeter-wave radar sensor to detect slowing or stopped vehicles straight ahead, and in some situations, can brake autonomously on your behalf.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Working in accordance with CMBS, FCW uses a forward-facing camera to detect straight-ahead vehicles. If you don’t react in time, CMBS triggers automatic braking.
Explore Honda Sensing® in Person!
Contact Bob Boyte Honda to learn more about Honda Sensing® and how it can improve your confidence on the road. And if you have questions about the safety of vehicles with other Honda safety features, like Honda LaneWatch™, we can answer those, too! Our team proudly serves drivers from in and around Brandon, so stop in and see us today!
New Honda Lease Specials in Brandon
We are currently updating our monthly offers. Please check back shortly for updates.
In the meantime, here are some links that you might find helpful:
Recent News from Bob Boyte Honda
An SUV should not only offer a reliable performance but also have dependable safety, and the 2019 Honda CR-V safety ratings indicate that this model is hitting all the right marks. The CR-V has earned praise from the industry’s top automotive and safety organizations, due in large part to the vehicle’s advanced safety design and…
If you’re in the market for a dependable SUV, you can get the power you’re looking for with the luxury to enhance your ride with the 2019 Honda CR-V configurations. Drivers can choose between two powerful engine options for a fuel-efficient ride, a continuously variable transmission (CVT), as well as an impressive 1,500-pound towing capacity,…
Whether you plan on doing oil changes and tire rotations yourself, or would like to have the certified technicians at the Bob Boyte Honda service center handle the maintenance for you, it’s good to be aware of the Honda CR-V service schedule. Maybe you intend to sell your CR-V when you’re ready for a new car, maybe you…