Checklist for Buying Used Vehicles
Let’s be real: car shopping for used vehicles can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Bob Boyte Honda has created a used car buying checklist to take the stress out of finding your next car, from Madison to Ridgeland.
- Create a budget
- Prioritize features
- Go through a dealership
- Ask the important questions to experienced staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Go for a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
Whether shopping for a used Honda Civic or a used Honda Odyssey, if you follow these tips you can find a pre-owned vehicle you will love for years to come.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Create a budget: Setting a budget keeps you from getting in to trouble. Consider monthly payments, as well as total cost you are will to pay. Also, value your trade to see what you can expect to get when trading in your current car.
- Prioritize features: Create a list of must-haves and would-be-nice-to-haves when looking for your next vehicle.
- Research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
- Shop at a dealership: Avoid getting scammed by that too good to be true Craigslist ad. Dealerships offer plenty of used vehicles under $10,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which offer the additional security of a warranty.
- Ask the important questions: Make sure you know if the car you are interested in has been in an accident, how many owners it’s had, current condition, and how many miles are on the odometer.
- Inspect the vehicle: Test out lights, windows, and electronics to make sure they are in working order. Give a thorough inspection for rust, floor damage, or signs of repair.
- Go for a test drive: When taking a test drive, don’t just go around the block. Try a test drive from Brandon to Clinton to get the feel for how the vehicle really handles. Ideally, try to get up to 60 mph to make sure you vehicle performs well at higher speeds.
- Get a vehicle history report: Get a history report from reliable sources like CARFAX or Autocheck to find out valuable vehicle information. All you need is the vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
Browse Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Bob Boyte Honda
You should find a wide selection of used Honda vehicles and non-Honda vehicles in our inventory. Contact us today to get started.
Latest News from Bob Boyte Honda
An SUV should not only offer a reliable performance but also have dependable safety, and the 2019 Honda CR-V safety ratings indicate that this model is hitting all the right marks. The CR-V has earned praise from the industry’s top automotive and safety organizations, due in large part to the vehicle’s advanced safety design and…
If you’re in the market for a dependable SUV, you can get the power you’re looking for with the luxury to enhance your ride with the 2019 Honda CR-V configurations. Drivers can choose between two powerful engine options for a fuel-efficient ride, a continuously variable transmission (CVT), as well as an impressive 1,500-pound towing capacity,…
Whether you plan on doing oil changes and tire rotations yourself, or would like to have the certified technicians at the Bob Boyte Honda service center handle the maintenance for you, it’s good to be aware of the Honda CR-V service schedule. Maybe you intend to sell your CR-V when you’re ready for a new car, maybe you…